We are showing you the Canadian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Fireflies + Colnago
This Summer the Fireflies celebrate their 10th anniversary and to mark the occasion a limited run of custom Colnago Master X-Lights and EPS frames have been constructed. Rapha Cycle Club hosted the arrival of the bikes, which will be ridden by the Fireflies in the French Alps as they bid to raise one million pounds for leukaemia charity Leuka.
The name Fireflies was coined on the first ride in 2000. Riding after-dark on the steep descent of the Col de Turini, the riders were guided safely down by fireflies glowing at the side of the road. Established to support a research and treatment unit for leukaemia at Hammersmith Hospital in London, the Fireflies now consists of 70 riders. Since its inception Fireflies have raised over £700,000 with an annual eight day tour of 1000km across the Alps. This year they hope to reach the £1 million mark.
With full endorsement from Ernesto Colnago, this is the first time the renowned Italian frame-builder has designed a bike uniquely for a charity. Not only are both the X-Light (steel) and EPS (carbon) some of the best frames available, they also sport really distinctive custom paint jobs. Founding Firefly, Chris Haworth, said “The bikes are real collectors items. The money we are hoping to raise through the ride and sales of the frames is hugely important for the treatment unit in Hammersmith which has been at the forefront of leukaemia treatment for thirty years.”
Frames will be available to buy in late July. 20 will be available.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for purchase enquiries.
- 2 be clear that was @johnherety decision to not let @AaronBuggle start. Tour of Korea and Irish National Champs will be his next rendezvous
- Happy to report @AaronBuggle is as good looking as ever after 13 stitches in his chin. Sorry to report not letting him start tomorrow though
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- Big thanks to all marshals,coms and medical staff on the @anpostras today. Great work despite the numerous demands on their services today.
- Just to let all his girl fans know @AaronBuggle is ok. He's in hospital and will need some surgery on a cut to his chin. Will update later.
- We've just added 13 new rides since the weekend to our Rapha #womens100 Find a Ride list. → http://t.co/ux8c1JCuQc
- The team also racing the Ras in Ireland this week. Currently Aaron Buggle is the team's top placed rider in 15th overall.
- Tour Series resumes tonight in Stoke on Trent. RCJ line up is House, Clancy, McCallum, English and Mellor.
- Arboretum → http://t.co/cJXOyDWnK0 #raphasurvey #sanfrancisco #sf #cycling
- There are still a few of these sweet Rapha + Raeburn jackets at the SF @raphacycleclub. http://t.co/C2d98yCRL0