We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Fausto Coppi and Plenty of Coffee
The Giro d'Italia, Fausto Coppi and coffee. That is the week we've had here in London. Last night we launched a month-long exhibition celebrating Il Campionissimo, the greatest cyclist of the post-war era.
Downstairs at the Rapha Cycle Club, the show hosts three period-correct Bianchis from the early 50s and various magazines, books, prints and memorabilia.
To fuel our curation of the exhibition this week we indulged in Nude Espresso's delicious brews (Nude being the resident coffee, drinks and food supplier to the Cycle Club). Taking inspiration from Il Campionissimo, Nude are now serving "Coppiccinos" (or "Coppiccini" if you want to be more accurate). Ultan Coyle, the man responsible for creating the Coppiccino, took it one step further and created a Fausto Coppi apparition, made from Nude's coffee powder, on the wall. Perhaps he drank one too many "Coppiccini".
Further more, today an old friend pulled into Perren St. That friend being our beloved H-Van (the original one that once drove the entire Tour of Britain route). New and improved (well it runs at least), the van is now fitted with a side-hatch and (wait for it…) a deluxe coffee machine. So, we indulged again and you can too if you make it to Hog Hill this Saturday, where the van will be sitting pretty and serving delicious brews. Maybe even a Coppiccino or two.
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…