[ locale string ]
Fausto Coppi and Plenty of Coffee
The Giro d'Italia, Fausto Coppi and coffee. That is the week we've had here in London. Last night we launched a month-long exhibition celebrating Il Campionissimo, the greatest cyclist of the post-war era.
Downstairs at the Rapha Cycle Club, the show hosts three period-correct Bianchis from the early 50s and various magazines, books, prints and memorabilia.
To fuel our curation of the exhibition this week we indulged in Nude Espresso's delicious brews (Nude being the resident coffee, drinks and food supplier to the Cycle Club). Taking inspiration from Il Campionissimo, Nude are now serving "Coppiccinos" (or "Coppiccini" if you want to be more accurate). Ultan Coyle, the man responsible for creating the Coppiccino, took it one step further and created a Fausto Coppi apparition, made from Nude's coffee powder, on the wall. Perhaps he drank one too many "Coppiccini".
Further more, today an old friend pulled into Perren St. That friend being our beloved H-Van (the original one that once drove the entire Tour of Britain route). New and improved (well it runs at least), the van is now fitted with a side-hatch and (wait for it…) a deluxe coffee machine. So, we indulged again and you can too if you make it to Hog Hill this Saturday, where the van will be sitting pretty and serving delicious brews. Maybe even a Coppiccino or two.
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb