We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Etape entries now open
Registration is now open for the Etape du Tour 2012. Brought to you in partnership with Tour organisers ASO, next year’s Etape has two routes to choose from and promises to be bigger and better than ever.
Last July saw the introduction of two routes for the first time and they proved to be worlds apart. Etape Acte I, with a route that sent riders over the Galibier in recognition of the 100 years since it first appeared on the Tour, ended on top of a sun-baked Alpe d’Huez. Next year’s route, from Albertville to La Toussuire includes such high points as the Col de la Madeleine, Croix de Fer and the slightly less monstrous Col du Mollard.
This year’s Etape Acte II was notable for the contrast in conditions. In the rain-lashed Massif Centrale, extreme weather forced more than two thirds of the 6,000 starters to abandon. And while a number of Rapha riders were among the finishers (naturellement), riders on next year’s Acte II will be hoping for more obliging weather. And frankly they’re going to need it as the 200-kilometre route from Pau to Bagnères-de-Luchon includes four legendary climbs: Aubisque; Tourmalet, Aspin; and Peyresourde.
New for this year is an optional cancellation insurance policy which, for just €11, means your registration fee will be refunded should injury or illness prevent you from taking part. To register and for detailed information on both Acte I and Acte II visit:
- @clotho_nor Hi Christopher, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can do. Thanks.
- The Tour Series continues tonight in Aberystwyth. Last year Kristian House took his second win of the series there.
- UK: We are hosting a @letapedutour evening on 14th June in London to provide detailed advice on what to expect. → http://t.co/2gP5KRi8fX
- Churchill → http://t.co/5yhkiupJAH #raphasurvey #wayfaring #cycling
- No change overall at the Ras today, Rich Handley remains in 5th, and Mike Cuming stills leads KOM
- RT @anpostras: Provisional GC after Stage 5: Bialoblocki, McConvey, Guldhammer <all @st, Handley & Pelletier-Roy @24secs, Fodor @46secs, Hu…
- RT @anpostras: Mike Cuming (Rapha Condor JLT) Will wear Mountains Jersey again, after Stage 5 #Ras2013
- RT @NickLathamPhoto: @raphacondor Photos of Kristian House winning Durham stage in a blog post at http://t.co/wHX8d0mlQc #tourseries Pls R…
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…