We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Etape entries now open
Registration is now open for the Etape du Tour 2012. Brought to you in partnership with Tour organisers ASO, next year’s Etape has two routes to choose from and promises to be bigger and better than ever.
Last July saw the introduction of two routes for the first time and they proved to be worlds apart. Etape Acte I, with a route that sent riders over the Galibier in recognition of the 100 years since it first appeared on the Tour, ended on top of a sun-baked Alpe d’Huez. Next year’s route, from Albertville to La Toussuire includes such high points as the Col de la Madeleine, Croix de Fer and the slightly less monstrous Col du Mollard.
This year’s Etape Acte II was notable for the contrast in conditions. In the rain-lashed Massif Centrale, extreme weather forced more than two thirds of the 6,000 starters to abandon. And while a number of Rapha riders were among the finishers (naturellement), riders on next year’s Acte II will be hoping for more obliging weather. And frankly they’re going to need it as the 200-kilometre route from Pau to Bagnères-de-Luchon includes four legendary climbs: Aubisque; Tourmalet, Aspin; and Peyresourde.
New for this year is an optional cancellation insurance policy which, for just €11, means your registration fee will be refunded should injury or illness prevent you from taking part. To register and for detailed information on both Acte I and Acte II visit:
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb