We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Etape entries now open
Registration is now open for the Etape du Tour 2012. Brought to you in partnership with Tour organisers ASO, next year’s Etape has two routes to choose from and promises to be bigger and better than ever.
Last July saw the introduction of two routes for the first time and they proved to be worlds apart. Etape Acte I, with a route that sent riders over the Galibier in recognition of the 100 years since it first appeared on the Tour, ended on top of a sun-baked Alpe d’Huez. Next year’s route, from Albertville to La Toussuire includes such high points as the Col de la Madeleine, Croix de Fer and the slightly less monstrous Col du Mollard.
This year’s Etape Acte II was notable for the contrast in conditions. In the rain-lashed Massif Centrale, extreme weather forced more than two thirds of the 6,000 starters to abandon. And while a number of Rapha riders were among the finishers (naturellement), riders on next year’s Acte II will be hoping for more obliging weather. And frankly they’re going to need it as the 200-kilometre route from Pau to Bagnères-de-Luchon includes four legendary climbs: Aubisque; Tourmalet, Aspin; and Peyresourde.
New for this year is an optional cancellation insurance policy which, for just €11, means your registration fee will be refunded should injury or illness prevent you from taking part. To register and for detailed information on both Acte I and Acte II visit:
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX