We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Almost forgot that I was toting around the essentials case at Nationals while I was out there. There was not a spot in my jersey pocket, although it does fit nicely in there. The frigid temperatures of Bend, Oregon made it so that thick wools sweaters and Patagonia sub arctic wear was necessary.
However the case made it easy to keep everything that I needed for the day together. An extra point and shoot camera for when the G10 died? Check. Media Pass to the finish line? Confirm. Tickets for the screening of Brian Vernor's film about Professional Cross Racers Barry Wicks and Adam McGrath that night? Also check. And it made for a handy spot to keep my receipts as I racked up a fair bit of charges around town. Ahem, who wants Whiskey?
Here is a photo of Brian shooting Tim Johnson at the finish line of the race. Brian has done a lot of shooting for the Rapha Continental (the Mississippi Delta ride is but one example) over the past few years and we should shortly see some of the video footage that he and his shooting partner Benny Zenga put together on the Rapha Yanretto happening in Japan.
Then, out of no where (well, actually from the post office) a package containing the brand new Rouleur Magazine showed up at our doorstep. The cover is great and led me to believe that there was some Cyclocross contained within. I knew that because of the mud and knobby tyres on the front cover.
Sure enough I was greeted by the gorgeous cycling photography of Geoff Waugh. He has been shooting for Rouleur for some time now and I had the pleasure of meeting him at Cross Vegas this past September where he shot some great photos of our now reigning National Champion Tim Johnson.
Speaking of Rouleur they got a new website, so go check that out.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.