We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
I almost forgot that I was toting around the Essentials Case at the National Cross Champs while I was out there. I didn't have a spot for it in my jersey pocket, but it does fit nicely in there. The frigid temperatures of Bend, Oregon required thick wool sweaters and Patagonia sub-arctic wear.
The case made it easy to keep everything that I needed for the day together. An extra point-and-shoot camera for when the G10 died? Check. Media Pass to the finish line? Confirm. Tickets for the screening of Brian Vernor's film about Professional Cross Racers Barry Wicks and Adam McGrath that night? Also check. And it made for a handy spot to keep my receipts as I racked up a fair few charges around town. Ahem, who wants Whiskey?
Here is a photo of Brian shooting Tim Johnson at the finish line of the race. Brian has done a lot of shooting for the Rapha Continental (the Mississippi Delta ride is but one example) over the past few years and we should shortly see some of the video footage that he and his shooting partner Benny Zenga put together on the Rapha Yonretto happening in Japan.
Then, out of nowhere (well, actually from the post office), a package containing the brand new Rouleur Magazine showed up on our doorstep. The cover is great and led me to believe that there was some Cyclocross contained within. I knew that because of the mud and knobbly tyres on it.
Sure enough I was greeted by the gorgeous cycling photography of Geoff Waugh. He has been shooting for Rouleur for some time now and I had the pleasure of meeting him at Cross Vegas this past September where he shot some great photos of our now reigning National Champion, Tim Johnson.
Speaking of Rouleur they have a new website, so go check that out.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC