We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
In-form man of the season, Graeme S-Works Destroyer Raeburn, has today begun the Cent Cols Challenge as part of a plucky Rapha team of four that also includes Portland's Ira Ryan, RoadCyclingUK's David Arthur, and our Rapha competition winner, Nick Amlot.
The question, for a man hell-bent on the extreme is, what bike is up to the task? Apparently, there is only one answer: The Enigma Elite XCR. Made from a very exotic tubeset, Mark Reilly of Enigma Bikes says:
XCR, what can I say? I think it’s the best steel tubeset I have ever ridden, the ride is absolutely incredible. The raw tubes themselves are finished to superb standard, and it’s a joy to work with!
Receiving his Enigma last Friday, Graeme built it up with his own handbuilt wheels (Mavic Open Pros on Chris King hubs), Dura Ace groupset, Thomson seatpost and stem, Specialized saddle and Pro carbon bars.
Graeme says of his new ride:
Superb work. Very comfortable ride from the XCr […] sharp yet compliant handling, light, and superb fit (what? no 10 inch drop to the bars?!), for want of a less tacky expression I'd describe it 'dreamlike'.
Here's wishing Graeme the best of luck on his Cent Cols adventure.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC