[ locale string ]
We are showing you the Taiwanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
In-form man of the season, Graeme S-Works Destroyer Raeburn, has today begun the Cent Cols Challenge as part of a plucky Rapha team of four that also includes Portland's Ira Ryan, RoadCyclingUK's David Arthur, and our Rapha competition winner, Nick Amlot.
The question, for a man hell-bent on the extreme is, what bike is up to the task? Apparently, there is only one answer: The Enigma Elite XCR. Made from a very exotic tubeset, Mark Reilly of Enigma Bikes says:
XCR, what can I say? I think it’s the best steel tubeset I have ever ridden, the ride is absolutely incredible. The raw tubes themselves are finished to superb standard, and it’s a joy to work with!
Receiving his Enigma last Friday, Graeme built it up with his own handbuilt wheels (Mavic Open Pros on Chris King hubs), Dura Ace groupset, Thomson seatpost and stem, Specialized saddle and Pro carbon bars.
Graeme says of his new ride:
Superb work. Very comfortable ride from the XCr […] sharp yet compliant handling, light, and superb fit (what? no 10 inch drop to the bars?!), for want of a less tacky expression I'd describe it 'dreamlike'.
Here's wishing Graeme the best of luck on his Cent Cols adventure.
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!