[ locale string ]
In-form man of the season, Graeme S-Works Destroyer Raeburn, has today begun the Cent Cols Challenge as part of a plucky Rapha team of four that also includes Portland's Ira Ryan, RoadCyclingUK's David Arthur, and our Rapha competition winner, Nick Amlot.
The question, for a man hell-bent on the extreme is, what bike is up to the task? Apparently, there is only one answer: The Enigma Elite XCR. Made from a very exotic tubeset, Mark Reilly of Enigma Bikes says:
XCR, what can I say? I think it’s the best steel tubeset I have ever ridden, the ride is absolutely incredible. The raw tubes themselves are finished to superb standard, and it’s a joy to work with!
Receiving his Enigma last Friday, Graeme built it up with his own handbuilt wheels (Mavic Open Pros on Chris King hubs), Dura Ace groupset, Thomson seatpost and stem, Specialized saddle and Pro carbon bars.
Graeme says of his new ride:
Superb work. Very comfortable ride from the XCr […] sharp yet compliant handling, light, and superb fit (what? no 10 inch drop to the bars?!), for want of a less tacky expression I'd describe it 'dreamlike'.
Here's wishing Graeme the best of luck on his Cent Cols adventure.
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…