We are showing you the Canadian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
In-form man of the season, Graeme S-Works Destroyer Raeburn, has today begun the Cent Cols Challenge as part of a plucky Rapha team of four that also includes Portland's Ira Ryan, RoadCyclingUK's David Arthur, and our Rapha competition winner, Nick Amlot.
The question, for a man hell-bent on the extreme is, what bike is up to the task? Apparently, there is only one answer: The Enigma Elite XCR. Made from a very exotic tubeset, Mark Reilly of Enigma Bikes says:
XCR, what can I say? I think it’s the best steel tubeset I have ever ridden, the ride is absolutely incredible. The raw tubes themselves are finished to superb standard, and it’s a joy to work with!
Receiving his Enigma last Friday, Graeme built it up with his own handbuilt wheels (Mavic Open Pros on Chris King hubs), Dura Ace groupset, Thomson seatpost and stem, Specialized saddle and Pro carbon bars.
Graeme says of his new ride:
Superb work. Very comfortable ride from the XCr […] sharp yet compliant handling, light, and superb fit (what? no 10 inch drop to the bars?!), for want of a less tacky expression I'd describe it 'dreamlike'.
Here's wishing Graeme the best of luck on his Cent Cols adventure.
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries