Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Nicknamed El Diablo (when racing in S. America) for his devilish attacking style, Claudio Chiappucci was one of the most charismatic stars of the peloton in the 1990s. Firing onto the scene in the 1990 Tour de France, Chiappucci led an early break on the first stage and remained in yellow until Greg Lemond seized top spot in the final TT. His most famous win came on stage 13 of the 1992 Tour: Attacking on the first climb, he held off both Gianni Bugno and Miguel Indurain all the way to the finish in Sestriere. The final climb was also a poignant place for victory as Fausto Coppi, Il Campionissimo, had won there in similar style several generations before.
Chiappucci was the first Italian cyclist to arrive on the podium at the Tour since Felice Gimondi in 1972. He also won the 1991 Milan San-Remo and finished second at the Giro d’Italia in the same year. Chiappucci won the climber’s prize twice at the Giro and the Tour. He was also a major influence on another Italian climbing sensation of the 1990s, Marco Pantani.
Still a keen rider and a man forever in love with the sport, Claudio will be a special guest at this year’s inaugural Rapha Randonnée Appennini. For more information on the Randonnee Appennini visit.
Tour de France
1990 – 2nd
1991 – 3rd
1992 – 2nd + Stage 13 win
Polka Dot Jersey – 1991, 1992
Three stage wins in total in Tour de France
1991 – 2nd
1992 – 2nd
1993 – 3rd
Climbers (Green) jersey – 1990, 1992, 1993
Points jersey – 1991
A clip of El Diablo stealing to victory at the '91 Milan-San Remo, of which the 2010 edition is held this Saturday:
- No change overall at the Ras today, Rich Handley remains in 5th, and Mike Cuming stills leads KOM
- RT @anpostras: Provisional GC after Stage 5: Bialoblocki, McConvey, Guldhammer <all @st, Handley & Pelletier-Roy @24secs, Fodor @46secs, Hu…
- RT @anpostras: Mike Cuming (Rapha Condor JLT) Will wear Mountains Jersey again, after Stage 5 #Ras2013
- RT @NickLathamPhoto: @raphacondor Photos of Kristian House winning Durham stage in a blog post at http://t.co/wHX8d0mlQc #tourseries Pls R…
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX