We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Doppio: Issue 09
The Doppio is Rapha's weekly double-shot of road racing reportage. A two-faced publication of the week's action and what's up the road, every Wednesday we review and preview the week's biggest races and fill you in on the details in between. Available in all Cycle Clubs – San Francisco, London and Osaka – we'll also be offering the Doppio as a downloadable document on the site each week, absolutely free.
We're midway through both the Giro and the Tour of California, so stage-race treats abound. There's a guide to the next week's Giro stages, as the riders continue their journey through the high mountains towards the mighty Galibier just over the border in France. We also have a primer on the remaining Tour of California stages, plus a couple of nuggets we picked up in the team hotels, as well as an appreciation of the Tour of California and its mythmaking potential from Bill Strickland, editor-at-large of Bicycling magazine. Last but not least, we have a report on the Rás, the tour of Ireland, being raced next week by Rapha-Condor-JLT and Rapha's very own Ultan Coyle.
Best enjoyed with an espresso or two.
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…