We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Deep Creek, MD
130 miles, 16,500’ of climbing, 9 hours on the saddle, that’s what makes this diabolical. Not fun per se, but certainly it’s own flavor of “epic”.
Our host Kyle the “Savage Man” is a local legend of the 3-sports (triathlon), and even has a race named after him - or maybe vice versa. Either way, his name is well earned and engraved in the bricks on the road atop one of the last ridiculous climbs of the day.
This ride is not for the faint of heart or the impatient, it’s nearly impossible to get into a rhythm because of constant ups and downs, and the barrage of gravel. Still, who knew this existed in Deep Creek, MD?
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb