We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Deano Lights Up Blackpool
Master of the circuit race Dean Downing finally bagged himself a Nocturne Series victory on Saturday evening. After coming close on countless occasions in the twilight criteriums, the man from Yorkshire lit up the new circuit in Blackpool to take the win in fine style.
In front of a packed crowd the final Elite Criterium of the 2010 Nocturne Series set away at a blistering pace. Downing and Sigma's Simon Richardson (formerly of Rapha Condor Sharp) found themsleves off the front after Richardson made an impressive attack in the early stages. Deano was the only man able to stay with him and his superior sprinting abilities allowed him to cross the finish line in first place.
"I've been wanting to win one of these for four years!" laughed Dean at the finish. Indeed it was a good night for Rapha Condor Sharp all round as Dean Windsor took third spot on the podium with Kristian House close behind in fourth place.
All images © Cheryl King
- We've just added 13 new rides since the weekend to our Rapha #womens100 Find a Ride list. → http://t.co/ux8c1JCuQc
- The team also racing the Ras in Ireland this week. Currently Aaron Buggle is the team's top placed rider in 15th overall.
- Tour Series resumes tonight in Stoke on Trent. RCJ line up is House, Clancy, McCallum, English and Mellor.
- Arboretum → http://t.co/cJXOyDWnK0 #raphasurvey #sanfrancisco #sf #cycling
- There are still a few of these sweet Rapha + Raeburn jackets at the SF @raphacycleclub. http://t.co/C2d98yCRL0
- The hills above. #raphasurvey http://t.co/jlIkXowxyT
- U23 winner in 2012 what's in store for @RichHandley90 in the @anpostras http://t.co/xyZWX3NbtG
- Sunday morning race day, church car park scene. @anpostras #ras2013 http://t.co/2E1UlfAxhe
- Will all these numbers be able to wear the coveted t-shirt in one weeks time? #menoftheras #ras2013 http://t.co/ai1oqnDIyh
- Team about to start the @anpostras probably the Worlds friendliest race.