We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Deano Lights Up Blackpool
Master of the circuit race Dean Downing finally bagged himself a Nocturne Series victory on Saturday evening. After coming close on countless occasions in the twilight criteriums, the man from Yorkshire lit up the new circuit in Blackpool to take the win in fine style.
In front of a packed crowd the final Elite Criterium of the 2010 Nocturne Series set away at a blistering pace. Downing and Sigma's Simon Richardson (formerly of Rapha Condor Sharp) found themsleves off the front after Richardson made an impressive attack in the early stages. Deano was the only man able to stay with him and his superior sprinting abilities allowed him to cross the finish line in first place.
"I've been wanting to win one of these for four years!" laughed Dean at the finish. Indeed it was a good night for Rapha Condor Sharp all round as Dean Windsor took third spot on the podium with Kristian House close behind in fourth place.
All images © Cheryl King
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries