Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Day One: Tim Johnson's Ride on Washington
Day One: Boston, MA — Hartford, CT (115 Miles, 8,500 feet of elevation.)
Preparing for the first day of Tim Johnson's Ride on Washington happened in a variety of ways, but none that would accurately prep us for the frigid temperatures that we would face for the first part of the ride. However, ride organizer Richard Fries is fond of a Norwegian saying that goes "There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing." The saying proved to be true as we were layered, bundled and covered ourselves from head to toe in every piece of gear that we brought. As an added bonus if there was a sentiment that would, or could encompass the whole four days, it would be this. We did not know it at this point, but we would face every possible scenario that the elements could throw at one group of cyclists. We knew going into it that there would be a chance of rain, but we did not know how much.
Aside from Mr. Fries (and of course Tim Johnson) the ride was filled with a multi-generational cast of characters that would lighten the load all the way to Washington D.C. There were seven of us that rode the entirety (475 miles) of the way with over 100 people jumping in to ride with us at various points. The bikes, the clothing, the support — Butch Balzano from SRAM NRS — and the generosity of everyone along the way would make this the an amazing way to engage an audience for the work that Bikes Belong does for cyclists.
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb