[ locale string ]
Cyclocross Nationals is a wrap
The 2010 Cyclocross National Championship went off with a bang this past weekend. If you read my preview you would notice that someone was left off that list, Todd Wells, my bad, as that was just this man who rode away for the win. Sure, Mr. Powers might have had a mechanical, but that is, after all, bicycle racing. In the U23 Race our boy "The Kid" aka "Nuke" McDonald did not disappoint. After a spectacular crash in the U23 race that took him out of contention for the win (seriously people?) he came back the next day to take the cake in the Division 1 Collegiate race.
Our man Chris Jones came out in the Pro race with guns blazing and ripped off one of the fastest first laps of the weekend. Times were tense on the second or third lap when he failed to appear around the corner of the Deschutes Brewery. Everyone else was there, but where was Jones? A moment (or three) later all questions were answered when he came around the corner smeared with the mud that could only mean one thing. A crash.
A crash is never good and in these two cases they made our collective hearts sink and that instant feeling in the pit of your stomach appear. Not good, but in both of these unfortunate cases the Rapha - FOCUS riders handled themselves as the professionals that they are and walked away from both of these cases having learned valuable lessons in winning, losing and crowd control.
Photo by Michelle VanGilder
In other news. just last night a Rapha - FOCUS skinsuit that was donated by Chris Jones was sold in silent auction to our friend Amanda (who coincidentally put on the whole event.) Amanda's Dreambikes program to help raise money for the Wheels 4 Life program. In fact, last night's movie screening and silent auction raised more than $18,000. So, congrats to Amanda on both winning the Rapha - FOCUS skinsuit and her great work with the charity.
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…