Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Cyclocross Nationals is a wrap
The 2010 Cyclocross National Championship went off with a bang this past weekend. If you read my preview you would notice that someone was left off that list, Todd Wells, my bad, as that was just this man who rode away for the win. Sure, Mr. Powers might have had a mechanical, but that is, after all, bicycle racing. In the U23 Race our boy "The Kid" aka "Nuke" McDonald did not disappoint. After a spectacular crash in the U23 race that took him out of contention for the win (seriously people?) he came back the next day to take the cake in the Division 1 Collegiate race.
Our man Chris Jones came out in the Pro race with guns blazing and ripped off one of the fastest first laps of the weekend. Times were tense on the second or third lap when he failed to appear around the corner of the Deschutes Brewery. Everyone else was there, but where was Jones? A moment (or three) later all questions were answered when he came around the corner smeared with the mud that could only mean one thing. A crash.
A crash is never good and in these two cases they made our collective hearts sink and that instant feeling in the pit of your stomach appear. Not good, but in both of these unfortunate cases the Rapha - FOCUS riders handled themselves as the professionals that they are and walked away from both of these cases having learned valuable lessons in winning, losing and crowd control.
Photo by Michelle VanGilder
In other news. just last night a Rapha - FOCUS skinsuit that was donated by Chris Jones was sold in silent auction to our friend Amanda (who coincidentally put on the whole event.) Amanda's Dreambikes program to help raise money for the Wheels 4 Life program. In fact, last night's movie screening and silent auction raised more than $18,000. So, congrats to Amanda on both winning the Rapha - FOCUS skinsuit and her great work with the charity.
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb