We are showing you the Global version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Cycle Club SF Parklet Opening
On Friday November 16th, Rapha hosted a party to mark the launch of its new ‘parklet’, the first of its kind in San Francisco’s Marina District. Designed in collaboration with Rebar, the San Francisco design firm credited with the creating the parklet concept, the Rapha parklet is located directly outside the Rapha Cycle Club.
The launch attracted quite a crowd, including pro riders Ted King and Levi Leipheimer, and Bay Area cycling legend Gary Fisher also dropped by to say hello. While the rain kept the party inside the store, the new parklet sparkled in the night lights nonetheless. And the recent opening at the Club of Garret Chow’s All Chips On The Table show, made for a festive Friday night.
The rain continued through until Saturday morning and the parklet's official christening prior to our weekly Cycle Club group road ride. Store manager Dante Campanile added some drops of champagne to the increasingly heavy raindrops and our group rolled off across the Golden Gate Bridge for a friendly two-hour spin. By the time we returned the rain had stopped and delicious Four Barrel coffee was enjoyed from the Cycle Club coffee bar out on the parklet. We recommend you visit some time.
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG