Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Cycle Club NYC: a quick guide
photos: James Nord
On September 20th, the Rapha Cycle Club NYC — 64 Gansevoort Street — will officially open for business. This has been a long time coming for the Cycle Club. Since opening the pop-up shop on the Lower East Side a couple of years ago we knew that a permanent location was inevitable.
With a spot that is near the West Side Highway (for riding out), the High Line (for lounging) and any number of great restaurants (for refueling), the latest member of the Cycle Club family will be just the thing for NYC locals and visitors alike.
Here's a quick guide of things you can do when you visit the Cycle Club and NYC:
Bring your bike
Sure, the riding in NYC is limited to 9W (don't say it's not) but there are a few other options to explore. We posted the official location of the Rapha Cycle Club NYC at the top of this climb. Allegedly it is still posted out there somewhere. Do not be fooled, this is a difficult ride and if done from near the Cycle Club it will amount to roughly 100 miles. We did it once before - Bear Mountain - and it is possible that we will go it once again. However, if the longer rides are not your thing, then it is the wee hours for you. Prospect Park holds court daily between 5 and 7am. Keep a watchful eye out for James and Dylan - we suggest looking Deux North to find them.
Coffee - Food! - Drinks!
Of course the Rapha Cycle Club is the place to do this. With La Colombe coffee at the helm a good one should not be a problem. But, it is far and away not the only place to sit down to a nice cup of joe. Inside the Ace Hotel some of our friends from Portland, Oregon have been doing a fantastic job of running the Stumptown there and bringing the PDX brew to the masses. If breakfast is more to your liking then you will be happy to know that after an early morning Americano you will soon be able to sit down to a full Bubby's breakfast. This NYC staple will be moving in next door shortly. More info » Bubby's High Line arriving late summer.
If a drink in the later afternoon sun suits you better, then head up to the Boom Boom Room at the top of The Standard Hotel. They have spectacular views of the city as well as whomever may be in town for fashion week.
Shop until you drop
There is a near endless supply of shopping experiences to be had in NYC. During Fashion Week, or Month as it may be, that idea takes on a feverish pace. While fashion week doesn't center itself particularly around bike fashion, fear not, the entire line of Rapha clothing will be available at the Rapha Cycle Club NYC. And if that is not enough to tide you over, here are a few more suggestions.
Warby Parker is also just around the corner. You may not get to see the Geoff McFetridge wall art — that's in their Los Angeles store, but if its stylish eyewear that you're "looking" for, it is all right there.
If off-the wall-quirky is more your style, then check out Kiosk on Spring Street. Their themed curatorial style has something for everyone. And if that isn't enough for you, stop by Casey Design Rubber Stamps. A write up in a recent edition of the fantastic Smith Journal put this spot on our map as one to visit.
And when all that is done, return to the Cycle Club to rest your weary bones and sip a brevet latte, enjoy a scone and watch some professional bike racing. As with all our Cycle Clubs, bicycle racing, especially live racing, will be a mainstay at the shop. Perusal of cycling ephemera encouraged.
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!