We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Crash Test Jersey
A while back, Mr. Thomas Ennis, a customer from New York, sent us a letter regarding a jersey he had purchased, it read:
Hi There –
Hope all is well.
Three weeks ago, while wearing my favourite country jersey, I went down in what I was told was a rather spectacular crash. Sitting somewhat dazed on the ground, I was quickly attended to by other cyclists and the driver of a car who had witnessed my mishap and immediately called for medical attention. I realized pretty quickly that I had not broken my collar bone or anything serious, so I declined their offers of help, re-mounted my bike, and pedaled another five miles to a hospital where I knew I could get my road rash cleaned up.
By now you are probably asking why I’m telling you this. You should know that even though I was a pretty ugly sight from the road rash, the primary concern from the cyclists who saw me was (and this is a direct quote), “Wow…I can’t believe you ruined that shirt! That’s a Rapha jersey, right? Wow… that SUCKS!” The story does not end here. The doctor who attended to me entered into a huge debate with his nurse about whether or not the jersey could be saved! Seems he was a cyclist as well.
No, this not my feeble attempt to get yet another freebie from my good friends at Rapha. As a matter of fact, I have already replaced it. Should, however, you wish to have my ripped up one for the Rapha archives, (think of me as your own personal crash test dummy) I’d be happy to send it to you.
Yes, I washed it.
We've framed the jersey and letter to remind us that you can't put a price on style on the bike, not even if you crash.
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb