Questa pagina non è ancora stata tradotta nella lingua che hai scelto.
[ locale string ]
[ locale string ]
Crash Test Jersey
A while back, Mr. Thomas Ennis, a customer from New York, sent us a letter regarding a jersey he had purchased, it read:
Hi There –
Hope all is well.
Three weeks ago, while wearing my favourite country jersey, I went down in what I was told was a rather spectacular crash. Sitting somewhat dazed on the ground, I was quickly attended to by other cyclists and the driver of a car who had witnessed my mishap and immediately called for medical attention. I realized pretty quickly that I had not broken my collar bone or anything serious, so I declined their offers of help, re-mounted my bike, and pedaled another five miles to a hospital where I knew I could get my road rash cleaned up.
By now you are probably asking why I’m telling you this. You should know that even though I was a pretty ugly sight from the road rash, the primary concern from the cyclists who saw me was (and this is a direct quote), “Wow…I can’t believe you ruined that shirt! That’s a Rapha jersey, right? Wow… that SUCKS!” The story does not end here. The doctor who attended to me entered into a huge debate with his nurse about whether or not the jersey could be saved! Seems he was a cyclist as well.
No, this not my feeble attempt to get yet another freebie from my good friends at Rapha. As a matter of fact, I have already replaced it. Should, however, you wish to have my ripped up one for the Rapha archives, (think of me as your own personal crash test dummy) I’d be happy to send it to you.
Yes, I washed it.
We've framed the jersey and letter to remind us that you can't put a price on style on the bike, not even if you crash.
- @clotho_nor Hi Christopher, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can do. Thanks.
- The Tour Series continues tonight in Aberystwyth. Last year Kristian House took his second win of the series there.
- UK: We are hosting a @letapedutour evening on 14th June in London to provide detailed advice on what to expect. → http://t.co/2gP5KRi8fX
- Churchill → http://t.co/5yhkiupJAH #raphasurvey #wayfaring #cycling
- No change overall at the Ras today, Rich Handley remains in 5th, and Mike Cuming stills leads KOM
- RT @anpostras: Provisional GC after Stage 5: Bialoblocki, McConvey, Guldhammer <all @st, Handley & Pelletier-Roy @24secs, Fodor @46secs, Hu…
- RT @anpostras: Mike Cuming (Rapha Condor JLT) Will wear Mountains Jersey again, after Stage 5 #Ras2013
- RT @NickLathamPhoto: @raphacondor Photos of Kristian House winning Durham stage in a blog post at http://t.co/wHX8d0mlQc #tourseries Pls R…
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…