We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Crash Test Jersey
A while back, Mr. Thomas Ennis, a customer from New York, sent us a letter regarding a jersey he had purchased, it read:
Hi There –
Hope all is well.
Three weeks ago, while wearing my favourite country jersey, I went down in what I was told was a rather spectacular crash. Sitting somewhat dazed on the ground, I was quickly attended to by other cyclists and the driver of a car who had witnessed my mishap and immediately called for medical attention. I realized pretty quickly that I had not broken my collar bone or anything serious, so I declined their offers of help, re-mounted my bike, and pedaled another five miles to a hospital where I knew I could get my road rash cleaned up.
By now you are probably asking why I’m telling you this. You should know that even though I was a pretty ugly sight from the road rash, the primary concern from the cyclists who saw me was (and this is a direct quote), “Wow…I can’t believe you ruined that shirt! That’s a Rapha jersey, right? Wow… that SUCKS!” The story does not end here. The doctor who attended to me entered into a huge debate with his nurse about whether or not the jersey could be saved! Seems he was a cyclist as well.
No, this not my feeble attempt to get yet another freebie from my good friends at Rapha. As a matter of fact, I have already replaced it. Should, however, you wish to have my ripped up one for the Rapha archives, (think of me as your own personal crash test dummy) I’d be happy to send it to you.
Yes, I washed it.
We've framed the jersey and letter to remind us that you can't put a price on style on the bike, not even if you crash.
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries