We are showing you the Canadian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Crash Test Jersey
A while back, Mr. Thomas Ennis, a customer from New York, sent us a letter regarding a jersey he had purchased, it read:
Hi There –
Hope all is well.
Three weeks ago, while wearing my favourite country jersey, I went down in what I was told was a rather spectacular crash. Sitting somewhat dazed on the ground, I was quickly attended to by other cyclists and the driver of a car who had witnessed my mishap and immediately called for medical attention. I realized pretty quickly that I had not broken my collar bone or anything serious, so I declined their offers of help, re-mounted my bike, and pedaled another five miles to a hospital where I knew I could get my road rash cleaned up.
By now you are probably asking why I’m telling you this. You should know that even though I was a pretty ugly sight from the road rash, the primary concern from the cyclists who saw me was (and this is a direct quote), “Wow…I can’t believe you ruined that shirt! That’s a Rapha jersey, right? Wow… that SUCKS!” The story does not end here. The doctor who attended to me entered into a huge debate with his nurse about whether or not the jersey could be saved! Seems he was a cyclist as well.
No, this not my feeble attempt to get yet another freebie from my good friends at Rapha. As a matter of fact, I have already replaced it. Should, however, you wish to have my ripped up one for the Rapha archives, (think of me as your own personal crash test dummy) I’d be happy to send it to you.
Yes, I washed it.
We've framed the jersey and letter to remind us that you can't put a price on style on the bike, not even if you crash.
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!