Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Crash Test Jersey
A while back, Mr. Thomas Ennis, a customer from New York, sent us a letter regarding a jersey he had purchased, it read:
Hi There –
Hope all is well.
Three weeks ago, while wearing my favourite country jersey, I went down in what I was told was a rather spectacular crash. Sitting somewhat dazed on the ground, I was quickly attended to by other cyclists and the driver of a car who had witnessed my mishap and immediately called for medical attention. I realized pretty quickly that I had not broken my collar bone or anything serious, so I declined their offers of help, re-mounted my bike, and pedaled another five miles to a hospital where I knew I could get my road rash cleaned up.
By now you are probably asking why I’m telling you this. You should know that even though I was a pretty ugly sight from the road rash, the primary concern from the cyclists who saw me was (and this is a direct quote), “Wow…I can’t believe you ruined that shirt! That’s a Rapha jersey, right? Wow… that SUCKS!” The story does not end here. The doctor who attended to me entered into a huge debate with his nurse about whether or not the jersey could be saved! Seems he was a cyclist as well.
No, this not my feeble attempt to get yet another freebie from my good friends at Rapha. As a matter of fact, I have already replaced it. Should, however, you wish to have my ripped up one for the Rapha archives, (think of me as your own personal crash test dummy) I’d be happy to send it to you.
Yes, I washed it.
We've framed the jersey and letter to remind us that you can't put a price on style on the bike, not even if you crash.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN