We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Continental Partners: SRAM Components
The Rapha Continental is getting set to kick things off for the summer and once again we have teamed up with SRAM Components to outfit the squad. The refresh for a few of our bikes happened just in time for the NAHBS. That way no matter how many dings and scratches may have happened over the course of last summer the components would be fresh and ready to face the road this year.
When we hit the ground in the coming months we will do so on SRAM Force groups. Admittedly these are some fanciful looking parts, with their design friendly white hash marks and sleek carbon lines, but what is even better about them is that they work. The Continental guys rode in something like 28 different states this past summer and dealt with no greater mechanicals than a derailleur that needed adjustment or an overworked bottom bracket needing replacement. Ok, so maybe that is somewhat of a stretch as Cole did bend two chainrings, but if you have seen his legs, you will know that most chainrings would be no match.
However, the support that SRAM has provided for the Rapha Continental over the course of the past couple years has amounted to much more than just riding equipment.
Last February when we rode the Tour of California SRAM Professional Mechanic Chad Contreras joined us for a few of the days. Not only was this man a Professional Mechanic in the truest sense of the word, but, he also has what it takes to work with athletes. Chad was there to help maintain bicycles but he was also there with food when we needed it, fluids when we could take them, a draft behind the car when the winds were unrelenting and more than once, the calming, knowing words of a true mechanic. The toolset that Chad comes with when he travels includes your usual hex wrench, pump, and a spare tube, but Chad also carries with him a knowledge of cycling and how cyclists operate together that is invaluable. And for being willing and able to pass that knowledge along to those that he assists, we Thank You Chad.
But, then again, with SRAM it makes perfect sense that the mechanic that they have working on their components would have a deeper understanding of bicycles than simply the knowledge of the gear.
- The #raphaprestige story is up. Film by @WEREHAUS, photos from Brian Vernor & story by @krasniakjulie ::http://t.co/YtCARBlXee
- Clancy takes the win in the Tour series in Aberystwyth.
- @alainrumpf sorry for late reply. Comprehensive site is http://t.co/gBvpR134lP. As Udo Bölts once said, 'quäl' dich, du Sau!' Enjoy!
- On Friday May 31st, Rapha will be hosting a ride from Rapperswil-Jona on the banks of Lake Zurich. More info to follow next week on rapha.cc
- Boss. Norwegian national champion's replica jersey and bib shorts now at rapha.cc. http://t.co/fpyjc3PeiM
- As the #Giro begins to climax, @herbiesykes looks at one of its long-established traditions—the one-stage wonder. → http://t.co/mydWSIHSrT
- @clotho_nor Hi Christopher, please email email@example.com and we’ll see what we can do. Thanks.
- The Tour Series continues tonight in Aberystwyth. Last year Kristian House took his second win of the series there.
- UK: We are hosting a @letapedutour evening on 14th June in London to provide detailed advice on what to expect. → http://t.co/2gP5KRi8fX
- Churchill → http://t.co/5yhkiupJAH #raphasurvey #wayfaring #cycling