We are showing you the Canadian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Continental Partners: Continental Tires
What is the one thing that you do not want to worry about when you are descending at 50 miles per hour, or trusting your lean on a gravel road in the middle of nowhere? Your tires.
Last month the Rapha Continental toiled their way up and over the Rocky Mountains as they rode Ride the Rockies, spending long days on the bike. Even with the hundreds of miles that they put in going up and over the mountain passes, they still found the time to sample a few sections of gravel, with one being 60 miles long that dropped them into Pagosa Springs.
Rapha Continental partner, Continental Bicycle Tires and Brand Manager Brett Hahn were on hand at Ride the Rockies and was happy to hear that after a collective run of 580+ miles the 6 Continental riders came away with one flat.
The Rapha Continental has been working with Continental Tires since its inception four years ago. The name of the two worked well, but the choice was obvious because of the popularity of the Gatorskins and their near flatproof reputation. Yet, with their new Gator Hardshell Continental has upped the ante. In the past few weeks we have ridden hundreds of collective miles between the 2010 Rapha Gentlemen's Race West Coast and this past weekend at the Deerfield Dirt Randoneé in Western Massachusetts.
Related Continental Partners Posts:
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq