Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Continental NA: Behind the Scenes
Photos & words by J. Dunn
In the United States we typically associate the month of June with what we like to call Summer. So, no matter how much warning we received from Alex Stieda before our first Rapha Continental North America rides in Alberta, Canada, we weren't expecting the weather to be so bad. But, a look at the stories coming from the Rapha Continental in both the United Kingdom and Australia shows us a running theme. Crap weather makes for interesting viewing.
With Dan Sharp shooting photos and the crew from Droptree Productions filming this weather was easy. They offer more than enough support with a curious blend of verbal encouragement, trail-mix and flat out raw humour. With Sharp fresh off a trip to Italy — where he allegedly wrestled that Esta Thé cap from the grips of the tifosi all the while shooting round after round of that famous Italian race called the Giro d'Italia.
You may also recognize another face there in there by the way of Timothy Coghlan whom we quietly stole from his post in the Portland office as the head of Customer Service and put him straight to the front as Mr. Logistics. He is a fan of Aeropress Coffee, which Dan makes very well, so that kept him at his ready. Edmonton's Da Campo Caffé was a brief and beautiful respite from what looked to be an otherwise coffee-less land. We made do.
The riders were in from all over the US — Steve Francisco from a Wisconsin vacation, Rich Bravo leaving the swelter of New York City, Greg Johnson back from Texas and Hahn Rossman who had been with us from Seattle. We had a well rounded squad and were anxious to meet our host Alex Stieda - a name that, if you have yet to hear in conjunction with the Tour de France, you will certainly know soon.
- RT @roadcc: Rapha Alpe d’Quiz starts today with prizes to be won @rapharacing #cycling | road.cc http://t.co/tTdEEWjf8k
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: LDN: great to have @DanMartin86 as guest barista in the club this afternoon. http://t.co/IeCC0HKuKr
- Part Two from @RigoZimmerman's series, ‘The Winter’ is now available to read → http://t.co/GIl5Kj9Sfy • Part One → http://t.co/8IclbHCHcc
- As teased at the weekend, Rapha is pleased to welcome the return of Alpe d’Quiz, three weeks of… http://t.co/od3pWXomm9
- The 2013 edition of Alpe d’Quiz is now underway. For a chance to win a Rapha Backpack + Rain Cover, enter here → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Inspired by the 21 bends of Alpe d'Huez, we bring back Alpe d’Quiz with a Rapha prize to be won each day. Enter now → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @joneaves No problem Jon, we do our best. Thanks for the feedback.
- Our very own "Super-knecht" @grutte_bear leaves us today to return to his homeland of Holland. So, we… http://t.co/sSULSkWcRw
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: NYC: The new @rapharacing Cross Transfer Jacket has great details. Which is why we’ll take #oneoftheseplease http://t.…
- While we are on the Rapha x Raeburn collection. Read this fantastic interview with Chris and Graeme by @JohnProlly http://t.co/TDg48zHfVS