We are showing you the Global version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Col du Galibier
Galibier — even the name has the sound of impending doom. Everything was new and fresh, the inches of pavement were spilling quickly under our tires while broad, sweeping vistas opened around every turn of the road. Day after day we ticked a few Col's off under our collective belts. The 'we' would be the familiar face of Ben Lieberson, myself and a few newcomers yet to be introduced. There was the Col d'Izoard with all its painted glory. Colle della Finestre had the forthcoming Giro d'Italia breathing down its neck, and the Col de Granon its twists and turns that end with the sickly sweetness of gravel. Treacherous and beautiful at the same time. These were, and are, all formidable opponents, but none of them are The Galibier. Besides, if you get up to ride anything at 2 in the morning it will seem all the more daunting.
Here is your first sneak peek. Spotted here at the top of the world is a look at the new Pro Team Jacket and a new color of the Winter Collar.
- Team about to start the @anpostras probably the Worlds friendliest race.
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU
- @DeanHardman @nedboulting @j_t_locke such a shame...
- @TeamSkyGirl @nedboulting @j_t_locke we've asked JTL to change his name.
- RT @Ed_Clancy: Watch @raphacondor team mate Kristian House take another win (and lap me in the process) around his favourite circuit to…
- RT @TourSeries: Catch-up with all of the #Durham #tourseries action on ITV4 tonight http://t.co/YE9zgNaZem
- Some helpful #womens100 tips from Australian pro @tiffanycromwell that you might find useful over on @gcntweet → http://t.co/ZqgODQ6Tz3
- New Media, New Myths: @TrueBS writes for our blog about the building of legends at the @AmgenTourofCali → http://t.co/SEEBqxorZh #AToC
- Starting this Sunday, the Irish tour @anpostras is being raced by @raphacondor JLT and our very own Ultan Coyle. → http://t.co/gJmiGGr2zy
- Atoc photographers come in all shapes and sizes. Like this one @johnprolly. #atoc http://t.co/yWV0121rRB