We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Classic Softshell Madness
The Cross Bundle is out. Just in time too. On our weekly ride Friday morning I looked over at my friend Jeff. He looked comfy in his new Cross 3/4 Bib Shorts. My bare legs were hating me for making a bet. A bet that will see me without any sort of leg protection (except for Mad Alchemy Embrocation that is.) for as long as I can go. Hopefully our good pal Mr. Selman is faring worse in Boston. (Although in all honesty it really was not that bad Friday.)
Check out what other people are saying about the Cross line. And by other people I mean the largest Cycling publication in the world, Bicycling Magazine. The author mentions the H.U.P United team in his write up. The national appeal of this team amazes me, as they have members in many different states including Washington, Oregon, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Georgia and even Michigan. And from the looks of it they even had one member in the top 30 at a USGP event this past weekend in Kentucky. Did I mention that our fearless leader here in the US, a one Mr. Slate Olson is a member of this nefarious clan?
"Hup-Hup" as they say.
Also, in this piece on Bike Radar you can see what Slate had to say about the new Rain Jacket. And speaking of Jackets, Slate sure does have good taste in jackets, especially when it comes to choosing the proper teams to represent them. I do admit that I helped out in designing these two Classic Softshell Beauties. But I do think he made a great selection there.
The Red Classic Softshell was put together for Sacha White and his Speedvagen Racing Team. They have long since been a staple of the Northwest Racing scene contributing to the development of not only a few good racers but also an elevation of style and class to the sport.
The same could be said for the team that Slate chose to represent in the black Classic Softshell, the Embrocation Cycling Journal Racing Team. However their focus tends to lean toward East Coast circuits with an emphasis on the New England and Mid Atlantic Race series. I guess this can ensure that Slate has both coasts covered.
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.