We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Cityscopes 2012: Gallery One
We’ve seen an excellent response to the #cityscopes photography competition. It’s been a tall task editing through some fine examples of what you might term ‘street photography’. We’ve seen images ranging from firemen dousing flames, giant Turtles laying eggs, a row of tramps sleeping, Storm Troopers on patrol, sunsets and of course, skylines.
Thanks to the rise of smart phones, the world of photography is now allowing us to communicate in a way which only ten years ago would have seemed impossible. As a planet we now take more than four times the number of photos we did ten years ago. ‘Kodak moments’ are happening at such a frequency that, according to some calculations, there were more photos taken in the last twelve months than between 1838 (the year of the first existing daguerreotype image seen below) and the year 2000.
#Cityscopes is about the view from the bike. Whilst some of the retrospective pictures entered had merit (though not necessarily taken from the saddle or whilst riding), we want photos from the last few weeks whilst riding in the city. We have eyes, we know what counts.
There will be another gallery next week so after you’ve voted below, get out there and find those city sights worth capturing. Below is the first gallery of contenders. Just write the letter corresponding to your favourite image in the comments box.
oldstripey #cityscopes #london
Prizes will be announced next week in gallery two.
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!