We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Cityscopes 2012: Gallery One
We’ve seen an excellent response to the #cityscopes photography competition. It’s been a tall task editing through some fine examples of what you might term ‘street photography’. We’ve seen images ranging from firemen dousing flames, giant Turtles laying eggs, a row of tramps sleeping, Storm Troopers on patrol, sunsets and of course, skylines.
Thanks to the rise of smart phones, the world of photography is now allowing us to communicate in a way which only ten years ago would have seemed impossible. As a planet we now take more than four times the number of photos we did ten years ago. ‘Kodak moments’ are happening at such a frequency that, according to some calculations, there were more photos taken in the last twelve months than between 1838 (the year of the first existing daguerreotype image seen below) and the year 2000.
#Cityscopes is about the view from the bike. Whilst some of the retrospective pictures entered had merit (though not necessarily taken from the saddle or whilst riding), we want photos from the last few weeks whilst riding in the city. We have eyes, we know what counts.
There will be another gallery next week so after you’ve voted below, get out there and find those city sights worth capturing. Below is the first gallery of contenders. Just write the letter corresponding to your favourite image in the comments box.
oldstripey #cityscopes #london
Prizes will be announced next week in gallery two.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN