Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
Cityscopes 2012: Gallery One
We’ve seen an excellent response to the #cityscopes photography competition. It’s been a tall task editing through some fine examples of what you might term ‘street photography’. We’ve seen images ranging from firemen dousing flames, giant Turtles laying eggs, a row of tramps sleeping, Storm Troopers on patrol, sunsets and of course, skylines.
Thanks to the rise of smart phones, the world of photography is now allowing us to communicate in a way which only ten years ago would have seemed impossible. As a planet we now take more than four times the number of photos we did ten years ago. ‘Kodak moments’ are happening at such a frequency that, according to some calculations, there were more photos taken in the last twelve months than between 1838 (the year of the first existing daguerreotype image seen below) and the year 2000.
#Cityscopes is about the view from the bike. Whilst some of the retrospective pictures entered had merit (though not necessarily taken from the saddle or whilst riding), we want photos from the last few weeks whilst riding in the city. We have eyes, we know what counts.
There will be another gallery next week so after you’ve voted below, get out there and find those city sights worth capturing. Below is the first gallery of contenders. Just write the letter corresponding to your favourite image in the comments box.
oldstripey #cityscopes #london
Prizes will be announced next week in gallery two.
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb