Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
Cityscopes 2012: Gallery One
We’ve seen an excellent response to the #cityscopes photography competition. It’s been a tall task editing through some fine examples of what you might term ‘street photography’. We’ve seen images ranging from firemen dousing flames, giant Turtles laying eggs, a row of tramps sleeping, Storm Troopers on patrol, sunsets and of course, skylines.
Thanks to the rise of smart phones, the world of photography is now allowing us to communicate in a way which only ten years ago would have seemed impossible. As a planet we now take more than four times the number of photos we did ten years ago. ‘Kodak moments’ are happening at such a frequency that, according to some calculations, there were more photos taken in the last twelve months than between 1838 (the year of the first existing daguerreotype image seen below) and the year 2000.
#Cityscopes is about the view from the bike. Whilst some of the retrospective pictures entered had merit (though not necessarily taken from the saddle or whilst riding), we want photos from the last few weeks whilst riding in the city. We have eyes, we know what counts.
There will be another gallery next week so after you’ve voted below, get out there and find those city sights worth capturing. Below is the first gallery of contenders. Just write the letter corresponding to your favourite image in the comments box.
oldstripey #cityscopes #london
Prizes will be announced next week in gallery two.
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: NYC: Analog to digital conversion. #oneoftheseplease #Festive500 http://t.co/f2rQd3Lv6g
- RT @roadcc: Rapha Alpe d’Quiz starts today with prizes to be won @rapharacing #cycling | road.cc http://t.co/tTdEEWjf8k
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: LDN: great to have @DanMartin86 as guest barista in the club this afternoon. http://t.co/IeCC0HKuKr
- Part Two from @RigoZimmerman's series, ‘The Winter’ is now available to read → http://t.co/GIl5Kj9Sfy • Part One → http://t.co/8IclbHCHcc
- As teased at the weekend, Rapha is pleased to welcome the return of Alpe d’Quiz, three weeks of… http://t.co/od3pWXomm9
- The 2013 edition of Alpe d’Quiz is now underway. For a chance to win a Rapha Backpack + Rain Cover, enter here → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Inspired by the 21 bends of Alpe d'Huez, we bring back Alpe d’Quiz with a Rapha prize to be won each day. Enter now → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @joneaves No problem Jon, we do our best. Thanks for the feedback.
- Our very own "Super-knecht" @grutte_bear leaves us today to return to his homeland of Holland. So, we… http://t.co/sSULSkWcRw
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: NYC: The new @rapharacing Cross Transfer Jacket has great details. Which is why we’ll take #oneoftheseplease http://t.…