We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
City Cycling Illustration Competition
Publisher Thames & Hudson have teamed up with Rapha to produce a collection of City Cycling Guides for 2013. The pocket size guides offer a cyclist’s view of Europe's major cities accompanied by drawings from seven different illustrators, creating an individual style for each city.
The initial publication will be in a limited edition box set of eight. Number eight in the series – Milan – is yet to be illustrated and Thames & Hudson and Rapha are launching a competition to find the eighth illustrator.
If you are an illustrator or designer based in Milan, or know the city well, we invite you to submit a single image that shows Milan from a city-cycling perspective. Entries will be judged by Thames & Hudson, Rapha, the authors and Antonio Colombo, head of Cinelli and Columbus and owner of a Milan-based contemporary art gallery. The winner will be invited (and paid) to create illustrations for the entire Milan volume, and be given the opportunity to visit the Italian city.
The image should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and be no larger than 2.0MB.
Deadline is Monday 14th January 2013.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: The deadline for our City Cycling Guide competition has just been extended until the 28th of January.
Illustrations by Henry McCausland »
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb