We are showing you the Global version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
City Cycling Illustration Competition
Publisher Thames & Hudson have teamed up with Rapha to produce a collection of City Cycling Guides for 2013. The pocket size guides offer a cyclist’s view of Europe's major cities accompanied by drawings from seven different illustrators, creating an individual style for each city.
The initial publication will be in a limited edition box set of eight. Number eight in the series – Milan – is yet to be illustrated and Thames & Hudson and Rapha are launching a competition to find the eighth illustrator.
If you are an illustrator or designer based in Milan, or know the city well, we invite you to submit a single image that shows Milan from a city-cycling perspective. Entries will be judged by Thames & Hudson, Rapha, the authors and Antonio Colombo, head of Cinelli and Columbus and owner of a Milan-based contemporary art gallery. The winner will be invited (and paid) to create illustrations for the entire Milan volume, and be given the opportunity to visit the Italian city.
The image should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and be no larger than 2.0MB.
Deadline is Monday 14th January 2013.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: The deadline for our City Cycling Guide competition has just been extended until the 28th of January.
Illustrations by Henry McCausland »
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC