We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Cent Cols Challenge: Stage 6
Carros, Nice to Gorges du Verdon
250km, of which 40km was an accidental 'embellishment' to Phil Deeker's exceptionally scenic route. It ran from nearly sea level NE, up to the dramatic Gorges du Verdon.
Great start to the day, some cold descents until finally the rain that had been threatening all afternoon came and we finished in freezing, driving rain.
A very long day attempting to make up the time we lost, hence a shorter post today.
Ira's having trouble finding a bike since his off the other day, so Brett from Team Tub (Bespoke Cycles) riding a Parlee has (almost too!) seamlessly joined our team. A strong rider, nice style and enthusiasm.
We're staying in a fantastic hotel with great staff, nestling on top of a dramatic gorge …wish we could stay and enjoy it… oh well, tomorrow is another 230km day.
- Still stuck for gift ideas for someone? Scan their Twitter/Instagram feeds for #oneoftheseplease. → http://t.co/qVKiV4q8mQ
- @xuano_4 Yes it is open to anyone.
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq #oneoftheseplease
- Congratulations to the weekend's Alpe d'Quiz winners Joanne Rushton, @tubbytrotter, @jeanztweet. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of the finest Rapha Grand Tour Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O