We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Cent Cols Challenge: Stage 6
Carros, Nice to Gorges du Verdon
250km, of which 40km was an accidental 'embellishment' to Phil Deeker's exceptionally scenic route. It ran from nearly sea level NE, up to the dramatic Gorges du Verdon.
Great start to the day, some cold descents until finally the rain that had been threatening all afternoon came and we finished in freezing, driving rain.
A very long day attempting to make up the time we lost, hence a shorter post today.
Ira's having trouble finding a bike since his off the other day, so Brett from Team Tub (Bespoke Cycles) riding a Parlee has (almost too!) seamlessly joined our team. A strong rider, nice style and enthusiasm.
We're staying in a fantastic hotel with great staff, nestling on top of a dramatic gorge …wish we could stay and enjoy it… oh well, tomorrow is another 230km day.
- Team about to start the @anpostras probably the Worlds friendliest race.
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU
- @DeanHardman @nedboulting @j_t_locke such a shame...
- @TeamSkyGirl @nedboulting @j_t_locke we've asked JTL to change his name.
- RT @Ed_Clancy: Watch @raphacondor team mate Kristian House take another win (and lap me in the process) around his favourite circuit to…
- RT @TourSeries: Catch-up with all of the #Durham #tourseries action on ITV4 tonight http://t.co/YE9zgNaZem
- Some helpful #womens100 tips from Australian pro @tiffanycromwell that you might find useful over on @gcntweet → http://t.co/ZqgODQ6Tz3
- New Media, New Myths: @TrueBS writes for our blog about the building of legends at the @AmgenTourofCali → http://t.co/SEEBqxorZh #AToC
- Starting this Sunday, the Irish tour @anpostras is being raced by @raphacondor JLT and our very own Ultan Coyle. → http://t.co/gJmiGGr2zy
- Atoc photographers come in all shapes and sizes. Like this one @johnprolly. #atoc http://t.co/yWV0121rRB