We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Cent Cols Challenge: Stage 6
Carros, Nice to Gorges du Verdon
250km, of which 40km was an accidental 'embellishment' to Phil Deeker's exceptionally scenic route. It ran from nearly sea level NE, up to the dramatic Gorges du Verdon.
Great start to the day, some cold descents until finally the rain that had been threatening all afternoon came and we finished in freezing, driving rain.
A very long day attempting to make up the time we lost, hence a shorter post today.
Ira's having trouble finding a bike since his off the other day, so Brett from Team Tub (Bespoke Cycles) riding a Parlee has (almost too!) seamlessly joined our team. A strong rider, nice style and enthusiasm.
We're staying in a fantastic hotel with great staff, nestling on top of a dramatic gorge …wish we could stay and enjoy it… oh well, tomorrow is another 230km day.
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…