[ locale string ]
Cent Cols Challenge: Stage 6
Carros, Nice to Gorges du Verdon
250km, of which 40km was an accidental 'embellishment' to Phil Deeker's exceptionally scenic route. It ran from nearly sea level NE, up to the dramatic Gorges du Verdon.
Great start to the day, some cold descents until finally the rain that had been threatening all afternoon came and we finished in freezing, driving rain.
A very long day attempting to make up the time we lost, hence a shorter post today.
Ira's having trouble finding a bike since his off the other day, so Brett from Team Tub (Bespoke Cycles) riding a Parlee has (almost too!) seamlessly joined our team. A strong rider, nice style and enthusiasm.
We're staying in a fantastic hotel with great staff, nestling on top of a dramatic gorge …wish we could stay and enjoy it… oh well, tomorrow is another 230km day.
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- Big thanks to all marshals,coms and medical staff on the @anpostras today. Great work despite the numerous demands on their services today.
- Just to let all his girl fans know @AaronBuggle is ok. He's in hospital and will need some surgery on a cut to his chin. Will update later.
- We've just added 13 new rides since the weekend to our Rapha #womens100 Find a Ride list. → http://t.co/ux8c1JCuQc
- The team also racing the Ras in Ireland this week. Currently Aaron Buggle is the team's top placed rider in 15th overall.
- Tour Series resumes tonight in Stoke on Trent. RCJ line up is House, Clancy, McCallum, English and Mellor.
- Arboretum → http://t.co/cJXOyDWnK0 #raphasurvey #sanfrancisco #sf #cycling
- There are still a few of these sweet Rapha + Raeburn jackets at the SF @raphacycleclub. http://t.co/C2d98yCRL0
- The hills above. #raphasurvey http://t.co/jlIkXowxyT
- U23 winner in 2012 what's in store for @RichHandley90 in the @anpostras http://t.co/xyZWX3NbtG