Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Cent Cols Challenge: Stage 3
Briancon to Sisteron
Ave speed 18.3mph
A cool, clouded start to the day, heavy rain overnight meant spray on the road, but visibility good. As the day progressed and the altitude dropped, the sun peeked through and the temperature rose steadily.
The route was diverted again today due to heavy snow on the passes, and this time we missed another big one; the Col de Izoard. Very frustrating and a climb I was really looking forward to.
Instead we took a fast road along the valley floor, assisted by a strong tailwind and Ira's relentless driving on the front. This became the format for the day; climbs, flats, descents, he just would not stop.
Having arrived in Briancon in the dark and rain, the view from the castle walls in the morning.
The climb up Col de Garcinets carved out of a fragile crumbling rock, the road just cut clean through the stone up the valley wall.
Descending rough, switchback roads; the Continental-style bike came into it's own.
Good coffee with lunch!
The spaghetti looping road from the Col des Sagnes you could see coil, hairpin after hairpin below you.
Arriving at another stunning citadel town, Sisteron - has to be seen to be believed.
Terrible night's sleep. Despite the guys insisting I took the double bed, I still didn't fit in.
Camera out of battery on the stunning valley roads - I guess I'll just have to come back someday.
Tomorrow we kick off with a 26km climb straight after breakfast (into what sounds like the Disneyland of geology), and another 190km day. As we get further south the weather and temperature improves, so I'm looking forward to this one.
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX