We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Cent Cols Challenge: Stage 2
160km - cut short from 209
Ave speed 12.4mph ave…
Cool, clear morning, early mist hanging in the valleys was burned off by 9.00.
Rain closed in as the afternoon progressed, cold drizzle on the top of passes + cold descents.
A perfect start to the day, warming up along the valley floor for 15km before a perfect ascent of the Col de la Madeleine.
David Arthur attacking on the Col du Glandon - "he's dancing up the climb… sort of barn dancing."
The sound of a king-size cowbell around some poor heifer's neck, must have weighed a tonne.
The XCr on a descent we'd be warned about due to it's cracked and uneven surface. Steel is the way forward mon amis.
Finding we had Soreen maltloaf for the afternoon musette - just before the Galibier.
Crap coffee at breakfast. I'd have preferred Bovril to be honest.
Driving a group at 12mph down a bus road into an energy sapping headwind. No.
The Galibier being closed due to heavy snow and freezing conditions on the upper slopes. Spent all day getting prepared mentally and physically, kitted up in winter waterproofs, eating well, then… nothing. Bundled into a bar until the blood flowed, then a coach over the pass - see pics of the bottom - still coming to terms with it. Next time…
Cannondale's Mike Cotty making light work of the Glandon
View from the coach, and not nearly at the top of the Col de Galibier
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG