[ locale string ]
We are showing you the Taiwanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Cent Cols Challenge: Stage 2
160km - cut short from 209
Ave speed 12.4mph ave…
Cool, clear morning, early mist hanging in the valleys was burned off by 9.00.
Rain closed in as the afternoon progressed, cold drizzle on the top of passes + cold descents.
A perfect start to the day, warming up along the valley floor for 15km before a perfect ascent of the Col de la Madeleine.
David Arthur attacking on the Col du Glandon - "he's dancing up the climb… sort of barn dancing."
The sound of a king-size cowbell around some poor heifer's neck, must have weighed a tonne.
The XCr on a descent we'd be warned about due to it's cracked and uneven surface. Steel is the way forward mon amis.
Finding we had Soreen maltloaf for the afternoon musette - just before the Galibier.
Crap coffee at breakfast. I'd have preferred Bovril to be honest.
Driving a group at 12mph down a bus road into an energy sapping headwind. No.
The Galibier being closed due to heavy snow and freezing conditions on the upper slopes. Spent all day getting prepared mentally and physically, kitted up in winter waterproofs, eating well, then… nothing. Bundled into a bar until the blood flowed, then a coach over the pass - see pics of the bottom - still coming to terms with it. Next time…
Cannondale's Mike Cotty making light work of the Glandon
View from the coach, and not nearly at the top of the Col de Galibier
- Last week was a great one for Rapha Condor JLT, all the action and images now up on the team site: http://t.co/ftBejPnnCJ
- RT @alainrumpf: Well done @mike_cuming and @raphacondorjlt winner of #TdK2013 under the scrutiny of latest drone… http://t.co/gv81uP9mHP
- In their attempt to cross the US in 24 days, @michaeltabtabai & Andrew Hudon will ‘Leave It On The Road’. → http://t.co/Per6QsCAtt
- We are delighted to announce the opening of a one-month, pop-up @RaphaCycleClub in Tokyo this summer from 22/6–21/7 → http://t.co/Jrc0EKZ9ky
- Huge congratulations to @raphacondorjlt’s @mike_cuming for winning the @TourdeKorea2013 and to @tomsoutham for best DS. #TdK2013
- @danfromnam in Corsica — outtake from our 2013 Spring/Summer shoot #corsica #beningstagram http://t.co/03A7pT9mtj
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ! The most important jersey of #TdK2013 hot off the press. http://t.co/Pflx0eUfdv”
- What a day... The boys keep Mike Cuming in yellow, after having to chase all day. Great performance by all.
- Just rehearsing the whole of Pacino's speech from Any Given Sunday to recite to the boys...
- UK: Thanks to all who came to to tonight’s Rapha Étape Evening in London with @CyclefitUK — one of our biggest turnouts yet.