[ locale string ]
We are showing you the Taiwanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Cent Cols Challenge: Stage 2
160km - cut short from 209
Ave speed 12.4mph ave…
Cool, clear morning, early mist hanging in the valleys was burned off by 9.00.
Rain closed in as the afternoon progressed, cold drizzle on the top of passes + cold descents.
A perfect start to the day, warming up along the valley floor for 15km before a perfect ascent of the Col de la Madeleine.
David Arthur attacking on the Col du Glandon - "he's dancing up the climb… sort of barn dancing."
The sound of a king-size cowbell around some poor heifer's neck, must have weighed a tonne.
The XCr on a descent we'd be warned about due to it's cracked and uneven surface. Steel is the way forward mon amis.
Finding we had Soreen maltloaf for the afternoon musette - just before the Galibier.
Crap coffee at breakfast. I'd have preferred Bovril to be honest.
Driving a group at 12mph down a bus road into an energy sapping headwind. No.
The Galibier being closed due to heavy snow and freezing conditions on the upper slopes. Spent all day getting prepared mentally and physically, kitted up in winter waterproofs, eating well, then… nothing. Bundled into a bar until the blood flowed, then a coach over the pass - see pics of the bottom - still coming to terms with it. Next time…
Cannondale's Mike Cotty making light work of the Glandon
View from the coach, and not nearly at the top of the Col de Galibier
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…