We are showing you the Canadian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Cent Cols Challenge: Stage 2
160km - cut short from 209
Ave speed 12.4mph ave…
Cool, clear morning, early mist hanging in the valleys was burned off by 9.00.
Rain closed in as the afternoon progressed, cold drizzle on the top of passes + cold descents.
A perfect start to the day, warming up along the valley floor for 15km before a perfect ascent of the Col de la Madeleine.
David Arthur attacking on the Col du Glandon - "he's dancing up the climb… sort of barn dancing."
The sound of a king-size cowbell around some poor heifer's neck, must have weighed a tonne.
The XCr on a descent we'd be warned about due to it's cracked and uneven surface. Steel is the way forward mon amis.
Finding we had Soreen maltloaf for the afternoon musette - just before the Galibier.
Crap coffee at breakfast. I'd have preferred Bovril to be honest.
Driving a group at 12mph down a bus road into an energy sapping headwind. No.
The Galibier being closed due to heavy snow and freezing conditions on the upper slopes. Spent all day getting prepared mentally and physically, kitted up in winter waterproofs, eating well, then… nothing. Bundled into a bar until the blood flowed, then a coach over the pass - see pics of the bottom - still coming to terms with it. Next time…
Cannondale's Mike Cotty making light work of the Glandon
View from the coach, and not nearly at the top of the Col de Galibier
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.