We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Cent Cols Challenge: Stage 1
Ave speed 14.7mph (!)
Perfect, apart from mist/cloud obscuring the view from the top of some of the climbs - inc one of Mont Blanc.
Very cold descending from the Cols.
Hammering it up the first two climbs with Ira. A cathedral symphony of cowbells (Ira's words), the smell of pine woodsmoke with an alpine view. Sweeping hairpin descents, watching the road unwind into the valleys below. Seeing the road markings on the Col De Colombiere.
Getting dropped on the Col De Colombiere, no more power in the legs after a lunch - quite frustrating.
No coffee today. Damn. It's something we will make up for tomorrow.
Tomorrow, it's off the scale. We hit the Galibier with 200km and four big cols in our legs; the forecast is rain on the ascent and snow at the top. Nice!
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX