We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Cent Cols Challenge: Stage 1
Ave speed 14.7mph (!)
Perfect, apart from mist/cloud obscuring the view from the top of some of the climbs - inc one of Mont Blanc.
Very cold descending from the Cols.
Hammering it up the first two climbs with Ira. A cathedral symphony of cowbells (Ira's words), the smell of pine woodsmoke with an alpine view. Sweeping hairpin descents, watching the road unwind into the valleys below. Seeing the road markings on the Col De Colombiere.
Getting dropped on the Col De Colombiere, no more power in the legs after a lunch - quite frustrating.
No coffee today. Damn. It's something we will make up for tomorrow.
Tomorrow, it's off the scale. We hit the Galibier with 200km and four big cols in our legs; the forecast is rain on the ascent and snow at the top. Nice!
- The #raphaprestige story is up. Film by @WEREHAUS, photos from Brian Vernor & story by @krasniakjulie ::http://t.co/YtCARBlXee
- Clancy takes the win in the Tour series in Aberystwyth.
- @alainrumpf sorry for late reply. Comprehensive site is http://t.co/gBvpR134lP. As Udo Bölts once said, 'quäl' dich, du Sau!' Enjoy!
- On Friday May 31st, Rapha will be hosting a ride from Rapperswil-Jona on the banks of Lake Zurich. More info to follow next week on rapha.cc
- Boss. Norwegian national champion's replica jersey and bib shorts now at rapha.cc. http://t.co/fpyjc3PeiM
- As the #Giro begins to climax, @herbiesykes looks at one of its long-established traditions—the one-stage wonder. → http://t.co/mydWSIHSrT
- @clotho_nor Hi Christopher, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can do. Thanks.
- The Tour Series continues tonight in Aberystwyth. Last year Kristian House took his second win of the series there.
- UK: We are hosting a @letapedutour evening on 14th June in London to provide detailed advice on what to expect. → http://t.co/2gP5KRi8fX
- Churchill → http://t.co/5yhkiupJAH #raphasurvey #wayfaring #cycling