[ locale string ]
We are showing you the Taiwanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Cent Cols Challenge: Stage 1
Ave speed 14.7mph (!)
Perfect, apart from mist/cloud obscuring the view from the top of some of the climbs - inc one of Mont Blanc.
Very cold descending from the Cols.
Hammering it up the first two climbs with Ira. A cathedral symphony of cowbells (Ira's words), the smell of pine woodsmoke with an alpine view. Sweeping hairpin descents, watching the road unwind into the valleys below. Seeing the road markings on the Col De Colombiere.
Getting dropped on the Col De Colombiere, no more power in the legs after a lunch - quite frustrating.
No coffee today. Damn. It's something we will make up for tomorrow.
Tomorrow, it's off the scale. We hit the Galibier with 200km and four big cols in our legs; the forecast is rain on the ascent and snow at the top. Nice!
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.