We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Cent Cols Challenge: Stage 1
Ave speed 14.7mph (!)
Perfect, apart from mist/cloud obscuring the view from the top of some of the climbs - inc one of Mont Blanc.
Very cold descending from the Cols.
Hammering it up the first two climbs with Ira. A cathedral symphony of cowbells (Ira's words), the smell of pine woodsmoke with an alpine view. Sweeping hairpin descents, watching the road unwind into the valleys below. Seeing the road markings on the Col De Colombiere.
Getting dropped on the Col De Colombiere, no more power in the legs after a lunch - quite frustrating.
No coffee today. Damn. It's something we will make up for tomorrow.
Tomorrow, it's off the scale. We hit the Galibier with 200km and four big cols in our legs; the forecast is rain on the ascent and snow at the top. Nice!
- @clotho_nor Hi Christopher, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can do. Thanks.
- The Tour Series continues tonight in Aberystwyth. Last year Kristian House took his second win of the series there.
- UK: We are hosting a @letapedutour evening on 14th June in London to provide detailed advice on what to expect. → http://t.co/2gP5KRi8fX
- Churchill → http://t.co/5yhkiupJAH #raphasurvey #wayfaring #cycling
- No change overall at the Ras today, Rich Handley remains in 5th, and Mike Cuming stills leads KOM
- RT @anpostras: Provisional GC after Stage 5: Bialoblocki, McConvey, Guldhammer <all @st, Handley & Pelletier-Roy @24secs, Fodor @46secs, Hu…
- RT @anpostras: Mike Cuming (Rapha Condor JLT) Will wear Mountains Jersey again, after Stage 5 #Ras2013
- RT @NickLathamPhoto: @raphacondor Photos of Kristian House winning Durham stage in a blog post at http://t.co/wHX8d0mlQc #tourseries Pls R…
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…