We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Cent Cols Challenge: Stage 1
Ave speed 14.7mph (!)
Perfect, apart from mist/cloud obscuring the view from the top of some of the climbs - inc one of Mont Blanc.
Very cold descending from the Cols.
Hammering it up the first two climbs with Ira. A cathedral symphony of cowbells (Ira's words), the smell of pine woodsmoke with an alpine view. Sweeping hairpin descents, watching the road unwind into the valleys below. Seeing the road markings on the Col De Colombiere.
Getting dropped on the Col De Colombiere, no more power in the legs after a lunch - quite frustrating.
No coffee today. Damn. It's something we will make up for tomorrow.
Tomorrow, it's off the scale. We hit the Galibier with 200km and four big cols in our legs; the forecast is rain on the ascent and snow at the top. Nice!
- RT @CondorWarehouse: @raphacondor JLT 2014 pedals will be @SpeedplayPedals Stainless White :-) http://t.co/S4oOK2gx8t
- RT @CondorWarehouse: A massive shout out to @SpeedplayPedals just received our pedals for @raphacondor JLT 2014 bikes. Thanks guys http://t…
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Darren Edwards who receives a Rapha Backpack. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- @vickiewoodsford @tobytoof @daithetooth @WhittleFit Thanks Vickie, very kind of you to say.
- @daithetooth Thank you Dai.
- @rich_mitch @RaphaCycleClub You're welcome.
- @rich_mitch Hey Rich, you're probably best to head to our @RaphaCycleClub in London to try them on with advice some our knowledgable staff.
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…
- RT @rapha_n_america: Up Close: The Rapha x Raeburn Fall-Winter Collection via @selectism :: http://t.co/O27Eo9pQGK
- What do you get the cyclist who has everything? Here's what we recommend for the dandy in your life. → http://t.co/ciPREr3fnP