Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Breaking Away w/ Mellow Johnny's
Mama, Mama…The Italians are coming!!
July 12, 1979, Breaking Away opens in theaters across the U.S. Inspired by the ‘Little 500’ race held at Indiana University, the movie is the story of a group of four friends whose shoulders had chips on them as big as the limestone pulled from the ground by their ‘Cutter’ fathers.
July 11, 2009, something that looked a lot like the final race scene in Breaking Away comes to life on the track at Kealing Middle School in Austin, Texas. Not even the 105-degree heat could keep eight strong, competitive and colorful teams from putting it on the line for the pride and fame that would come with victory.
Working with Mellow Johnny’s, we worked to create an evening of racing like Austin hadn’t seen in some time (possibly ever). The full report, flush with photos, videos and story will be featured in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, here’s a touch of what you can expect:
- Transitions: the good, bad and the ugly.
- Costume and style: ranging from the “Mark Spitz” team, the Michael Jackson tribute squadra and Beta Sigma Sigma.
- There was no Cinzano team, but there still was a spectacular collarbone cracking crash.
- 350+ for the post-race showing of Breaking Away outside of Mellow Johnny’s courtesy of Alamo Draught House.
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.