We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Bordeaux - Paris 2013 event information
Thursday 12 to Sunday 15 September 2013
How Does it Work?
The Rapha Bordeaux to Paris is a team relay event covering approximately 600km. As part of a team of four riders you will need to complete the event in under 24 hours to say that you’ve completed the mighty Bordeaux – Paris. The route will be divided into seven segments. The event starts with a “team” segment which, as the name suggests, must be completed by your entire team. There follows 5 “relay” segments where it is up to you to decide which of your team members completes which segment. You can deploy your rouleurs on the flat, saving your mountain goats for when the route gets more undulating. Maybe your strongest rider can handle 2 segments in a row, saving your weaker riders for later in the event. The tactics are up to you!
The only requirements are that each team member must ride at least 2 relay segments and a minimum of 2 riders must be on the road at any one time. The event will finish with a final team segment that will take you into the heart of Paris.
Each segment will be punctuated by a checkpoint where you can change riders, clean up and fuel for your next leg. Riders not taking part in the subsequent segment will be transported with their bike to the next checkpoint.
To complete the event in 24 hours you’ll need to average approximately 25kph. At some of the checkpoints we will operate cut-off times. Teams who fall outside the cut-off time will be withdrawn from the event. We’ll help you with your training by providing regular training tips and organised training rides for those of you based in London.
We will leave Bordeaux on Friday afternoon with your team riding through the night to arrive in Paris 600km later.
How Do I Sign Up?
First you’ll need to find three other friends or colleagues who are up for the challenge and think up a team name. Don’t worry if your team isn’t entirely complete at this stage, you can still sign up and confirm your line up later. To book your team’s place on the start line in Bordeaux you’ll need to pay a £2,000 deposit (£500 per person) towards the entry fee of £3,900 (£975 per person). This deposit is non-refundable but we do allow substitutions in case some of your team are unable to take part . View terms and conditions.
Your balance payment of £475 needs to be paid by 1 July 2013 at the latest. Your team will also need to pledge to raise a suggested minimum fundraising target for the charity Ambitious about Autism.
How Much Money Do I Need to Raise?
By signing up to take part in the Rapha Bordeaux – Paris Challenge, each member of your team is pledging to raise £2500 for Ambitious about Autism. Why not set up your own unique online sponsorship page through JustGiving? This enables friends, family and colleagues to sponsor you very easily. Gift Aid can be added to your total for UK residents. Some companies have a matched giving policy for employees or some other fundraising incentive scheme which can add to your fundraising total. The Events team at Ambitious about Autism can provide any support required. Please contact The Events Team on 0208 815 5431 or email@example.com
- Download a fundraising help pack » [pdf, 2.1mb]
Breakdown of payment dates for each team member:
|Amount||To Cover||Due Date|
|£500||Initial registration deposit||On Registration|
|£475||Registration fee balance||1st July 2013|
|£2000||80% fundraising target||5th July 2013|
|£500||Outstanding balance of fundraising target||5th September 2013|
What’s Included in My Entry Fee?
The entry fee of £975 per person includes the following:
- 2 nights accommodation, twin occupancy with breakfast
- A commemorative Rapha Bordeaux - Paris jersey and exclusive event accessories bearing your unique team number and colourway including hi-vis gilet, cap and oversocks worth over £300
- A welcome dinner in Bordeaux
- Pasta party send off lunch in Bordeaux
- A gala dinner in Paris
- A comprehensive 12 week training plan
- Three fully supported London based training rides
Full support for the event comprising of:
- Fully signed route with special reflective route arrows, marker paint and GPS files to download
- Coach to shuttle riders between segments
- Bike transport between segments
- Food and drink stops at each checkpoint
- Roaming mechanical support
- Medical and physiotherapy / massage support
- A regular e-newsletter with event and fundraising news, training advice and other essential information.
- Special prizes for fastest team, lantern rouge, fundraising and combatively
What’s Not Included?
- Travel to Bordeaux / from Paris
- Travel insurance (compulsory)
- Drinks with lunch / dinner
- Tips and gratuities
- Bike spares
- Incidental expenses
- Other lunches pre- and post-event
- Airport transfers
- Single supplement – we will have a limited amount of single occupancy supplements available. Please indicate your interest on team details form which we will ask you to complete after sign up. The exact price will be confirmed shortly.
- Partner / spouse occupancy / meals – if you would like your partner to join you at the Bordeaux and Paris hotels please indicate on the details form you will be sent later. The price will be confirmed shortly.
- Extra sets of event clothing – your entry fee includes one Bordeaux-Paris jersey and one set of accessories. Extra sets can be purchased from the Rapha website. Please note that these are only available to participants in the event.
- Non-rider shuttle – we will be organising a coach for partners and families who wish to travel direct from Bordeaux to Paris (subject to demand). This will leave shortly after the riders and proceed directly to Paris. Please indicate your interest on the team details form
- London Bike Shuttle – we will be providing a shuttle service for your bike from London to Bordeaux and Paris to London. This service not only ensures that your bike makes it safely to the start but also avoids the hassle of assembling and dismantling your bike. We are in the process of finalising the price for this. Please indicate your interest on the team details form.
Contact Alpe on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 290 1963. Office hours are 9-5 Monday to Friday. On the rare occasion that the sun is shining, we may be out on our bikes. Please leave us a voicemail and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.